Monday, September 14, 2009

My Iftaar

I have been fasting for the past 30 years of my life..... I can say that I have had some wonderful experience with my iftaar.

I have had my iftaar just by the road-side, gulping on a bottle of water.
I have had my iftaar just with glass of tap water.
I have had my iftaar at the airport terminal....eating the food that the airlines supplied.
I have had my iftaar 35000 feet above sea level.
I have had my iftaar barely a few minutes before the plane touched down.
I have had my iftaar 20 minutes before the locals had their iftaar.
I have had my iftaar at the airport lounge.
I have had my iftaar in the car, driving home.
I have had my iftaar at the entrance of super-market
I have had my iftaar at a multi-star hotel's restaurant

But, one think I never forgot was this du'a:

Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You and I put my trust in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance

I will always be thankful to The Almighty Allah, because no matter where I have had my iftaar, it will always with His sustenance.

Al-Hadith:


From Abu Huraira (R.A.), the Prophet (S.A.W.) said, "Allah said: The Fast is for Me and I will give the reward for it, as he (the one who observes the fast) leaves his sexual desire, food and drink for My Sake. Fasting is a screen (from Hell) and there are two pleasures for a fasting person, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord. And the smell of the mouth of a fasting person is better in Allah's Sight than the smell of musk."
– Hadith from Al-Imam Bukhari (Shahih Bukhari: Hadith No. 128, Vol. 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment