Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Don Corleone


I brought the family to Magrudy's book store a few days ago. My kids and wife are readers.... they like to read. Even Apit reads... although I don't know if he understands any of the words. But it's good to start them early.

My parents have brought us up well... instilling the reading culture in the three of us. I am planning to do the same with my three kids.

I remember that my father used to travel and brought back books as one of the souvenirs. At my parents' home in Kota, we have a lot of books from all kinds of genres.... from academics to fictions to history... you name it.

Back to our visit to Magrudy's... I was actually thinking of buying myself another James Patterson's Alex Cross novel. But I found a few titles that were available and I didn't know which one to chose. Had I just got my paycheck, I would have bought the whole collection.

Then I saw it... The Godfather by Mario Puzo. To tell the truth, I am a fan of those Mafia films... especially those set in the 1940s & 50s... They really looked cool in those fedora hats and long over-coats, weilding those drum-magazine-fed M1 Thompson machine-guns.

I have read about one half of it now and found Signor Puzo a really great story-teller.... with simple and easy language & plot-lines.

Ok.... enough for now.... I want to finish reading this... After this, maybe, I'll look for the film trilogy... The Godfather (1972), The Godfather II (1974) & The Godfather III(1990)... starring Marlon Brando, James Caan, Robert Duvall, Al Pachino, Andy Garcia & Robert De Niro among others.... talking about star-studded cast.....

2 comments:

  1. Mitch Albom isn't too bad either. Recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right.... will check him out next time we visit the bookstore....

    ReplyDelete