Thursday, March 25, 2010

Of the Letter and Countdown

I was expecting it actually... since the day that my boss told me that my contract won't be extended... and since the day that I told them I want to come home. There's a related entry in Bahasa Malaysia HERE.

So, on Sunday afternoon, I received it... by hand from the HR Director himself.

Last day of employment (or the last day on "Host Company" payroll): 17th May, 2010
Repatriation leave: 7th May ~ 16th May, 2010
First day of employment in "Home Country": 18th May, 2010

If everything goes a planned, InsyaAllah, we'll be back in our beloved Malaysia on the 8th May, 2010 at about 935pm.

So, that's it... my "Tour of Duty" days in Dubai are numbered.... and I'm actually counting them down now.

Still, there some items need to be settled... the car, the visas, the bank, personal effects shipment and etc.

Hope everything will be okay... and we'll go back home to Malaysia with a happy feeling that we have spent 2 wonderful and eventful years in this land....

2 comments:

  1. Alamak ..ye ke Haza. Kurang satu kawan aku di Dubai. But it seems a good news for you and family since you wanted to go back. I wish you all the BEST and hopefully we will meet again. Aku tak fikir lagi how to plan an exit from Dubai. But some day I have to make that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banyak benda yang nak kena fikir... terutama pasal family... wife punya kareer, sekolah anak-anak, parents kat Malaysia dll.... Rasanya 2 tahun tu cukup la... tu pun dah banyak pengalaman aku dapat... dapat jumpa & kenal kawan2 baru... dapat peluang berjalan2 di tempat orang...

    ReplyDelete