Friday, April 25, 2008

The Countdown

I'll be departing for Dubai in a few days.....I got an email saying that they have already had my apartment ready over there.....but I opt to stay with Amin for a couple of weeks because I'll be going to Tehran a few days upon arriving.

I haven't packed my things yet.....not much actually....just my clothes, shoes and a few necessary things.

I'm busy completing the documents needed for my kids school admission. So far, there's just one school that gives a really positive response. So, I think I'll settle for that school. I'll elaborate about it in my later entries.

I don't have much to do in the office now (my adopted office in the Kit Design area).....just surfing the net and straighten out a few things.

I plan to have a "doa selamat hi-tea" this Saturday....just for my neighbors and the Surau folks.

The Nippon Express guys will come on Monday to pack things that we want to ship to Dubai. I spent the whole evening a few days ago to get some tea-sets and a few other things out from my storeroom under the staircase. Most of them are our wedding presents that have been sitting in there since we moved almost 7 years ago.

Now, we are waiting for my pay day to buy some luggage bags and other things that we need to bring.

It will be a busy couple of days for me. Can't wait to get this over with and start afresh in Dubai.

My wife still has some things to sort out such as her loan with the govt and the local banks.

Amy from HR said I can get my flight ticket today....I'll go and get it this morning.

__________________________

We had a farewell lunch yesterday for my colleagues here in Kit....Arkma will be following his husband to Miri and Tee will be concentrating on his insurance business.....next month, Ka Fai will also leave to pursue another career in Singapore......Ito san will have a big headache soon....hehehee.....BTW, the photos from yesterday's lunch can be viewed in the photo section.

__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment