Friday, December 19, 2008

Al-Shoraffa - Shindagha - High Star

It's Friday, an off day in Dubai. After the Jumaat Solat, I bring the family out to have lunch at the Al-Shoraffa Pakistani and Indian Restaurant at the North-end of Al Rolla St. We met 3 of our Al attar Escala neighbors there. It turned out that the restaurant is their regular hang out.

We ordered lunch, Naan Roti for the kids and my wife and I shared a dish of Chicken Fried Rice.....mamak-style. We ordered a bowl chicken curry to dip the naan in.....and to top it all, we ordered two glasses of Pulled Chai (Teh Tarik...hehe).

The food wasn't bad at all....the most important thing was the wife & kids loved it.....it wasn't as good as the one back in Malaysia...but it will do, for now.

Our lunch at the Al Shoraffa Pakistani and Indian Restaurant

After having our tummies filled with the food, we walked to Al Shindagha....the distance from our apartment is just about the same as the Al Khaleej Center. Our main destination.....Shindagha Carrefour and Shindagha Market. It was true what some people said about this Carrefour. It was filled mostly with South Asian people.....sometimes it felt like we were in Indian...hehehe.... But the good thing was that the prices here were quite reasonable compared to other Carrefours that we had been to.

At Shindagha Carrefour and Market

We bought some new clothes for ourselves....we need them for the winter....we don't have much winter clothings because we arrived in Dubai during the Summer. So, I got myself two long-sleeve t-shirt (to wear in Tehran), my wife and Lina got a sweater each, Ain and Apit got a t-shirt and pant each. I also bought them some winter socks to wear at home. I performed both Asar and Maghrib solat at the Surau just between the Carrefour and the market.

Winter socks for the Kids

Then we went to the market to buy some beef and fish.....we didn't spend much time there as everyone was really tired....We only managed to buy some beef and some sting-ray (ikan pari) and some grapes for Apit.

On the way back, we stopped by the High Star cafe for some supper. We had paratha and some chicken curry and dhal. It's just like when we were in Bangi.....having supper at one of the Mamak restaurants in Section 15.

Supper at the High Star Cafe and hair cut for Ayah and Apit

Then, Apit and I had our hair cut at the Falcon Gents Saloon. It had been quite some time since our last haircut. This was the first time that the whole family joined us at the saloon. Initially, I wanted the barber to use the "#1" for Apit's hair, but his mother was against it...so I told the barber to make it a "normal short". Fortunately, Apit liked it...actually he was telling us that he wanted to "gunting botak"....

I got my turn after that....I wanted to "gunting botak" but had a second thought about it....so I told the barber...."I want it short like that..." pointing to Apit.....

So, after everything was done....it's time to head home.....suddenly Apit saidhe wanted to pee....so bad that we didn't think he could keep it in until we get home.....So, I rushed him to the Al Shoraffa which was just across Al Rolla from where we were.

He let it go just in time for me to take his pants and shoes off......but it didn't prevent it from wetting his pants and underwear.... I could feel some sprinkles of it hitting me on my face as it bounced off the wall.....it also wet his Transformers t-shirt. Luckily, we bought him a pair of clothes.....so we let him wear it before we walked home.

We reached home at about 1000pm....tired, of course, but satisfied with our new experience...and newly bought clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment