Saturday, December 06, 2008

My Old Faithfuls

No, it is not about the Old Faithful geyser in the Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, in the US.....

It is about some of my prized possessions that date back to 1993....about 15 years ago.

They remind me to the time when I was just a mere kampung boy in a big country....away from my family and everyone that I loved....

Let me start with a pair of Skechers boots....They are one of my favorites.....They have never failed me, except for that one time when the soles came out when I was going to watch a football match in Seremban..... I got them fixed though.....

Then, when I went to Tehran for the first time....these old faithfuls came with me.....I put on new laces on them....and they kept my feet warm in the snow....

The inside part is pretty worn out, but the outside is still OK and presentable....

Next are an olive-green RPM jacket/blazer and a white Ralph Lauren long-sleeved shirt......I bought them for our Eidul Fitri gathering back in 1994 I think.....

It is still amazing that they still fit me well.....I wear them for official occasions or functions....but I sometimes wear the shirt to the office as well.

The next four items are those that I rarely wear due to their "seasonality nature".....

Here they are (refer to the above collage):

(1) The MIT hockey jersey.....I got this when visiting the East Coast of the US around 1994.... MIT is one of the top colleges in the US....just near to Harvard....

(2) A striped collarless Bon Homme shirt.....I seldom wear it as it's quite warm....but now it's winter in Dubai....so, it will see daylight quite regularly during the next 2-3 months....

(3) A gray Dingus hooded sweat-shirt I bought maybe in 1994 as well in Sacramento.....I use it regularly now as the weather in Dubai is getting colder....

(4) A Planet Hollywood New York denim jacket.....I bought it during my East-Coast trip....(same as the MIT jersey)...

There you go.....some of the things from the old days that I still keep and still use.....Yes...some of the brands are relatively unknown....but who cares about brand-names....as long long as they are "serving" me well.....

2 comments:

  1. I wore the george washington u tee you gave me until they became kain buruk!!! One thing abt US cottons, they survive the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQ...if only I can still wear that Guess? jeans I got back in the US....it was size 32 tho'....hehehe

    ReplyDelete