Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I got the bug

I woke up at around 600-615am, shivering and had this really throbbing headache......plus my body was aching all over. The sign of something wrong with my body....my immune system was working overtime I supposed.

So, at about 830 I went to the hospital nearby. I was ushered to the ER by a nice Arab lady (a reception clerk maybe). After some paperwork, a male nurse named Geovanni brought me to the treatment room, took my temperature and BP and ask me some routine questions....allergies, medical history etc. Soon after, a doctor came in....Dr Mohammed....who did a very thorough examination....where exactly was the headache?.....how long?.... I also told him about this pain that I felt on the left side of my waist..... I told him that previously, I was suspected to have a kidney stone.....so, he said, he’ll check that too. He told me that he’ll take some blood sample and give IV drips of Paracetamol for my headache.

So, nurse Geovanni pricked my right knuckle and administered the IV drips..... He told me to just relax.... He came in every 5 minutes to check how I was doing and took my temperature. After finishing the IV drip....I went to the toilet to give some urine sample.....Later, he told me that since my headache’s still there, he’ll add a few ml more through an injection. And I got a second needle stuck into my body.....this time on my right butt cheek....

I waited on the ER gurney for about 15-20 minutes while they examine my blood and urine samples.....with Geovanni coming in every now and then to check how I was doing.

Then Dr Mohammed came in with the results.....my urine sample was OK.... but there’s a minor infection detected in my blood. Hmm...that’s why my immune system had to do some extra work....(wonder where I got the bug???). That’s why I didn’t feel well. He told me that he’ll give some medicine and give me a 2-day sick leave. He also told me to avoid oily and spicy food; and take plenty of water..... What else is new???...

So, after taking my medicine at the pharmacy, I went home....really, really satisfied with the services I received from the hospital..... Kudos to the good doctor and staff....Keep up the good work....

No comments:

Post a Comment