Friday, February 29, 2008

Can you feel the pain?

Pain....moving to a place that has a very different environment that you are used to can be painful. Your body has to adapt to the the change....it has to "get acquainted" with new viruses....you lungs have to compensate with less oxygen due to the higher altitudes. But, praise be to Allah....I had endured that. May be I'm one of those people who have a high pain threshold. May be it's one of the gifts that Allah has given to me....and of course, I'm really, really greatful.

I have felt pain all through my life....from falling off my bicycle to falling off trees. I got thrown off my cousin scooter once (I have the scar on my chin to prove it) and post-circumsicion traumas? (heh, heh)....not to mention paper cuts, knife cuts?.....May be, the most pain I felt was when I busted my knee playing soccer in the US....but somehow I felt that that was not a physical pain....it's more of a disappointment....because I knew that I might not play again....

Here in Tehran....I have to endure severe head-aches....stuffy nosed (I usually blow out dried mucus and blood out of my nose....some are the size of our finger nails)....and the skin gets itchy each day as it dries up in the low humidity surrounding. But somehow, I managed to separate the pain/sensation from my concious mind.....I don't know how to do it...may be when you are not focusing on something.....you will not feel it....

Anyhow....I know, it's all in your mind....and I hope I can endure this for another week or two...before coming back to Malaysia.....

4 comments:

  1. Q.1: Kalau shopping best tak kat Dubai? hehe.

    Q.2: Which one is better, Tehran or Dubai?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping?.....Dubai is the most expensive city I have ever set foot on....
    The small hotel room I spent the night....AED1300/nite excl other surcharges....40km cab ride...AED100+, 1 hr of broadband at the hotel AED50... AED1=RM1.....
    Needless to say....Dubai is better.....at least here almost everyone speaks English...and much, much cleaner than Tehran....
    If your fiance got the PTD appointment and want to get onto Diplomatic jobs....then, Dubai is the place to be....certainly not Tehran....Anyway....to experience snow....Tehran is just 2hr plane ride away....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that expensive? even jubah is expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know about that because didn't have time to go window shopping....just spend my time at the hotel, office and airport....hehehe....sorry....

    ReplyDelete