Monday, September 08, 2008

A Ramadhan in Tehran

Today is the first time I'll be spending my Ramadhan in Tehran.....I'll be spending about a week here.....before briefly going back to Dubai.....then, off to Lahore.....

Personally, I don't have any problems spending my Ramadhan anywhere.....I have been fasting for about 30 years.....the hunger and the thirst would never hinder me from going through my daily routines......

One of my Iranian friends was quite surprise when I told him that I am fasting even though I could consider myself a "musafir".... He said I could decide not to fast and replace it after Ramadhan.....Well I told him that the value of fasting in Ramadhan would never be replaced.....no matter how many days you fast outside of this Holy month. That's why....as long as my body can take it....as long as I am healthy....I will fast.

Actually the dry environment and thin air in Tehran doesn't help....if you are fasting.....By 300 or 400pm, I have started feeling the exhaustion....But like always....I would try to dissociate the sensations from my consciousness......and tried to forget that I am fasting.....Alhamdulillah, my body and mind responded very well.....I managed to get through the day....

I took my iftaar in the hotel room......with dates and some mineral water.......then a piece of cake that I bought in Ekbatan.

But I'm still wondering what would I eat for sahuur? Well, maybe a few dates would do it.....Tomorrow would be the real deal.....we'll see how I'd do......

No comments:

Post a Comment