Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ramdhan in Dubai…..

This is my first Ramadhan in Dubai….My third Ramadhan if we count the ones I spent in the US. It’s a very different Ramadhan…..in terms of the heat (try 40 degree), the humidity (50% - 60%)….and one main thing is I still have to go outstation during Ramadhan.

But here in the office, you get to go home early in Ramadhan (if you’re a Muslim)….I took the opportunity to the fullest when I’m in the office…..whisking away stealthily and take the 245pm bus home. But the downside is that I have to walk from the “Computer” street stop to my place. It’s about 1 km walk in the scorching heat. Luckily I always bring the handkerchief that my wife gave to me…..I sweat like crazy…..I guess I must have already lost 1 or 2 kg of fluids after just a few days of fasting.

I always look at the brighter side of things…..at least when I get home everyday, my family will be waiting for me…my two daughters will definitely be sleeping after their day at the school…..but Apit will be as energetic as ever…..It’s also soothing to know that I’ll be eating my wife’s cooking instead of the take-aways from SFC or Al-Ismaily….

My next trip to Tehran will be this Monday…..it’s delayed because I have to apply for a Pakistani Visa…. I’ll leave for Pakistan one day after I get back from Iran.

My kids start their school this month. It'll be very interesting to see how they cope with the different environments and with the Ramadhan.....but so far, they are doing OK....alhamdulillah. Click here for more reports from their mother.

Ok...still have a long way to go for Ramadhan....all the best to everybody....

No comments:

Post a Comment