Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Ain's 8th Birthday



Today...8 years ago....I was pacing....sitting....pacing.....sitting anxiously outside the OT of a private hospital in BBB.

I was waiting for the birth of our second child..... More than a week over due....Thankfully, the doctor, instinctively, didn’t wait for the second labour-inducing drug to take effect. She said that she didn’t feel good about it and handed me a form to sign. She had to do the C-section....a second C-section for my wife. I told her to do anything that she deemed necessary as I was getting worried.

They wheeled in my wife into the OT.... As I waited, I heard the doctor called her anaesthesiologist colleague from the hospital she was a resident in. I heard that she said it was an emergency..... “Come quick....!!!”

Then, she called the hospital for some extra blood....”the patient lost a lot of blood” she said....That added to my worries.

It was almost Isya’ (She was wheeled in after Maghrib)..... when I heard a loud shrieking cry of a baby..... I almost jumped from where I was sitting..... I hurried over to the OT door and a nurse was wheeling out a small cot.... Inside, was a cute little baby girl.... her skin was red... (it turned out that she was born with a severe eczema). Nevertheless, with a grateful heart for the Almighty, I recited the azan in her right and iqamah in her left ear.

The doctor said that, there was a complication....but both the mother and the baby were OK. Alhamdulillah.

I called my parents...telling them the good news.... my mother said that they will come first thing the next morning.

My parents-in-law, and the elderly couple who were our baby-sitters, came not long after that. They were also, anxiously, waiting for the news.

--------------------

That was 8 years ago.... now, that small baby has grown up to be an active and creative young girl. Some people said that the 2nd born child will always take after the father....hehehe.... I don’t know how true that is....but I love her the same....we all love her....

We named her Nur’ain Nabilah....Ain in short....and today is her 8th Birthday.



To Ain: Ayah, Ibu, Along and Apit love you always....

Have a Happy and Wonderful 8th Birthday....

2 comments:

  1. yeppi besday, princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hepi belated besday ain!! from everyone in malaysia..

    p/s : so sorry for the late wish..cant wait for u guys to come home!

    ReplyDelete