Friday, March 28, 2008

Already in Dubai....Virtually

Finally, I have something to write about.......

Thanks to Mr Syed Mohd Hasrin from the Consulate General Office in Dubai, I'm now a member of malaysia-uae@yahoogroups.com. Already, my yahoomail is flooded by a lot of emails from my future brothers and sisters in Dubai. I asked them a lot of questions about almost everything under the sun....in Dubai. From accomodation to utility cost to....everything...and I think I'm still not half done. I already have a few telephone numbers of the Malaysians in Dubai.....One even offered to help me find an accomodation in Dubai (TQ bro Musa, a real estate company owner)

My first impression? I think my family and I will be OK in Dubai.....we will have lots of friends there....just like when I was in the US......

Actually, that's what majority of Malaysians do when they are abroad.....they look after each other.....Gone are the racial and religious differences.....the only things left is the notion that we are Malaysians, in a foreign country, and we have to look after one another. I guess we are much better in a foreign land than in our own country......

It makes me feel a little bit easy.....and I hope I can persuade my family to feel the same too....this will be their first time living abroad.....especially for my 2 daughters....they'll have to leave the comfort of schooling in Malaysia....and enter a very different schooling environment in Dubai. That's why I hope to enroll them in a school where most Malaysian send their kids. At least they won't be alone during their first few days or weeks.

2 comments:

  1. welcome to Dubai! :-)

    pakpayne
    ariffin_m@yahoo.com.sg050-4570447

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pak Payne:....thank you....can't wait to meet you all....

    ReplyDelete