Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Khoda Hafez!!!

Today, I bid "Khoda-hafez" to my friends in Iran....."Good-bye"......We started the day with an 830am Seihan Mtg with the sales people....which includes my boss Tanikawa and Sony Iran's boss Arai.....Luckily, the TV section of the meeting started early.....people have been telling us that the meeting could drag on until midnite....No S**T.....

After lunch, we went to Shahab to finish some unfinished business......530pm....off we go to the airport...checked in, stamped out the visa and had dinner at The Coffee Bean cafe in Imam Khomeini Airport.

The Tehran-Dubai flight was almost 1 hr late....Arrived in Dubai at 1am local time....I lost my forks and a butter knife, as well as my small scissors and the Emirates fork-spoon I took from the plane (souvenir!!). The Customs took them without any remorse.....Hey!!! My mother bought the forks in Mekkah when performing her Haj in 2005.....

The flight to KLIA, luckily, was not delayed.....we arrived in KLIA on time......waited what seemed like forever for our baggages. Then, through the customs and to the waiting arms of our family.....What a relief to finally see the faces of my wife, kids, parents, my sister and my nieces.

And it was even a greater feeling seeing my Avanza.....It's been one month since I last drove a car.....and it felt so good being behind the wheel again.

That night.....souvenir time.....well only chocolates and some pistachios for my family and friends...but I'll be in Iran again next month....maybe I could find something else for them the next time around.

It's so good to be home again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment