Thursday, November 13, 2008

Strip-searched!!!

The Emirates flight from Tehran reached Dubai (Terminal 3) on-time....even though it was more than half an hour delayed. Then it was another half an hour wait for the luggage to arrive at the carousel.....

That's not the "main event" that night......The customs officer decided to check my luggage.....He ushered me to the inspection area, I put my bag on the counter and this pretty Emarati lady customs officer started to go through my luggage.....majority of which were my dirty laundry from the biz trip.....

She searched every nook and crannies of my luggage, jacket and my knapsack....I was feeling quite uneasy.....It's after midnight and I was feeling very tired from the marathon seihan meeting the other day (the meeting started just after 830am and finished a few minutes before midnight).

After the luggage check....I was ushered by a customs inspector....a short and stocky young guy....to the inspection room.....I was told to take off my shoes and socks.....my belt....and lastly my pants.....WHAT???? Yes....for the first time in my adult life....I had to take off my pants in front of a stranger....

I asked him what's the point of all this....but he didn't answer.....maybe it was one of my unlucky days......But at the end, he took my passport and wrote my particulars on some kind of record....I saw at least 30 names in the record......Frankly speaking....I praise this guy for being so professional about it......maybe he's so used to having people taking off their pants in front of him.....hehehe.....

What an experience......


6 comments:

  1. Salam Haza,

    Pada firasat temanlah, ini mungkin kerana mike selalu berkunjung ke negara tu. Negara tu sekarang dalam perhatian. Lagi pun ramai penyeludup dadah datang via negara ni.

    Ofis teman pun ada dapat notis suruh bagitau aktiviti pelabur-pelabur hartanah dari negara tu oleh jabatan penyiasatan jenayah negara ni baru-baru ni.

    Consolationnye, bukan senang nak dapat makwe selain isteri go through your undergarments ni ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....betul gak tu....tapi bkn org arrive dari Iran je kena check....blh kata semua non-Arabs....
    Tp part yg undergarments tu btl jgk kan? hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yang, nasib baik bukan the pretty Emirati lady customs officer tu yang suruh you take off your pants. If not, ada lady custom officer yang nak kena langsang kang...he he.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Klu dia buat camtu....sy saman UAE....hehehe...sexual harassment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a memorable event! We r still waiting, hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete