Monday, November 24, 2008

A "Shooting" Weekend

I arrived at the Dubai Airport Terminal 3 almost midnight. Two of my SoGul colleagues were with me.....they had a market visit in Tehran. So, the waiting for the Emirates flight at the IKIA that night was a bit bearable as I had somebody to chat with.

Once the plane touched down in Dubai, I texted my wife....wishing her a happy 36th birthday.....

Luckily, this time I didn't have any problem passing through the customs....Thank God....

Makan2 at Al-Attar Escala

That Friday evening, we had a little makan2 session up on the rooftop....It's actually a birthday dinner for Apit and my wife. We had Khairul and his family for guests....Apit has a new friend now....three-year-old Khalif.....Khairul's son. The kids spent the evening in the swimming pool while their parents chatted and ate.....

Saturday morning.......I had my driving lesson.....830am to 1100am.....My driving instructor told me that I only need one more lesson after this before going for the assessment test next week.....Hopefully, I'll get my driver's license before the year-end holidays.....so that I can bring my family somewhere during the off-days.

Then, at 1100am, Khairul picked me up and we when to the Sharjah Golf and Shooting Club....KP was organizing shooting sessions....We met him, and his friend Peter Lim, at Uptown Mirdiff and off we when to Jood Mandy for lunch.....A few others joined us there.

After lunch, we when straight to Sharjah, the Emirate neighboring Dubai....

I had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time.....to shoot a gun.

The first time, the shooting instructor gave me 22-caliber CZ-75 semi-automatic pistol. It a Czech Republic product...a small and solid handgun. The best thing was that it was a recoil-less handgun. My first few shots weren't very good but after a few rounds....I felt quite comfortable with it.....I shot 25 rounds with this gun.

How I did at the shooting club...not bad for a first-timer

After a shot break....I re-enter and picked up a 9mm CZ-75B Luger. The same make as the previous gun but much bigger in size and bullets. This gun had quite a nasty recoil each time I shot....and it's heavier than the 22-caliber one....It took me some time before I got the hang of it....

Well....If I were to own a gun...I think I'd go for the 22-caliber one....It lighter, smaller and it's quite easy to use....but I don't think guns are for me....I don't think that I would have a use for it....and it's dangerous...not to mention the responsibilities that come with it.....

My-UAE Shooters....(thanks to Sheila for the photo)

Anyhow...it was a pleasant experience....I'd go there if I have the chance in the future....and I'll bring the family a well....The kids will surely enjoy it....seeing their father shoot...like Horatio Caine from the CSI:Miami fame....

No comments:

Post a Comment