Thursday, January 01, 2009

End of the Year (1429H and 2008M) updates

It's too much to write....but let me just sum it up in a list of our end of the year activities....

I came back from Tehran on the 25th December.....Christmas day....but since I don't celebrate Christmas, then the date has no significance for me.

We had a long weekend this week....because of the Maál Hijrah (1430H) holiday on the 28th December.

Our first activity for the weekend was watching a movie at DCC. We went there right after Maghrib on the 26th December (Boxing Day). We watched Bedtime Stories starring Adam Sandler and Keri Russel. At first I thought it would be boring and I'd be dozing the whole length of the movie. I was wrong....it was quite a hilarious movie.....Adam Sandler was at his usual satirical best. I'd suggest this movie for family viewing.

There's no activities on the Saturday (27th)....we stayed at home. I went to the driving school in the morning and returned just before 11am. My wife made scones....her second time....this time she added chocolate chips and peanut butter. Hmm...there were really fabulous....

Then on the 28th....we left the kids with our upstairs neighbours and went on a date....It was our 12th Wedding Anniversary..... We had lunch at TGI Friday's in the DCC....then we watched a movie....Anywhere But Home (Four Christmases) starring Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. A romantic comedy about celebrating the Holidays with you families.....

Lunch at the TGI Friday's, DCC

Our lunch.....a Rib-eye steak and a glass of iced-tea each

Then we went on a small shopping spree.....it's for our anniversary....I got myself a pair of designer Jeans (which was on sales) and then bought my wife the "XYZ" handbag that she had been "dreaming" about.

This was the first time that we went out without the kids...just the two of us....reminded us to those dating days....

We went back right after the movies as our neighbours had their own plans that afternoon.

-------------------------------

I had to attend a meeting in Tehran on the 29th....Alamin was there too. Our return tickets were on the 30th December at 410am....so after the meeting, we went straight to the Emam Airport and spend the next 5.5 hours at the Airport waiting area and the prayer room before checking in and into the departure hall. Luckily, with my Gold Skywards card, we coud spend the time before boarding at the Business Class lounge.

I arrived home at about 720am and slept until about 930am.....I woke up and prepared to go to the office.....It's been like two weeks since I last went to the office.

-------------------------------

31st December is my off day....so I took the opportunity to take the family out..... We went to the CG office as my wife wanted to pick up the driving license translation that she submitted a few weeks back. Thank you to the staff at the CG office and the CG himself for being so friendly and helpful.

Then we walked to the Green City Restaurant.....I had been promising my family to bring them here since a few months ago....I ordered a Fried Rice for me, a Fried Noodles and teh tarik for my wife. The kids ordered a burger and french fries each. Ain ordered a Thabakath an equivalance to the Traffic Light drinks. We topped it all with some Parathas dipped in Dhal gravy.

Fried noodles and teh tarik for Ibu

Fried rice (or what's left of it) for me

These parathas and the dhal gravy were so wonderful....

Cumin seeds (could be for breath refreshener??), tooth picks....and the bills....

After having our tummies full....we walked to the Lamcy Plaza....Our original intentions were just to do some window shopping and bought a new pair of school shoes for he girls.

The kids with their newly bought blouses and shirt.....(lepas beli terus nak pakai...hehe)

But we ended up going on a small "shopping spree"....so to speak. I got myself another pair of a designer Jeans (on sales of course) and a new belt (the saleslady must have noticed the dire state of my old belt...that's why she suggested me to buy a new one). Each of the girls got a new blouse (that includes their Ibu as well) and Apit got a new long-sleeved shirt. Luckily, I managed to save most of my outstation allowances.....so there's still some left fo me to spoil my family....

We took a cab to the Al Khaleej Center. I had to do some businesses at the Al Rostamani Exchange. Then we headed back home....walking up the Al Rolla St. We stopped by at Baqer Mohaibi...my wife wanted to buy some kitchen supplies. We reached home at about 1030pm....totally exhausted.....drained out of our energy....but satisfied....

So much for a list, huh? hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment