Saturday, January 17, 2009

In Egypt

11th January 2009.......My first trip in this Gregorian calendar. This time I took the journey west, towards the African continent. We are just starting the factory operation in Cairo, Egypt or (Kaherah, Mesir). I took a red-eye Egypt Air flight to the Egyptian capital. The plane landed in Cairo International Airport at about 715am. The weather in Cairo was good, not too cold compared to Tehran..... maybe about 10-12 degree Celcius.

I was greeted by a Holiday Inn staff waiting for at the Arrival Hall entrance. I told him that my friend is expecting me and I won’t be going to the Hotel. He helped me through the visa processing and after giving him Aed10 as a tip, he left. I went out of the hall and waited for my friend Aly. I waited for about 10 minutes before giving him a call. He said that he was waiting for me at Terminal 2.....I said I’m at Terminal 1 as it only caters for Egypt Air. He came in about 20 minutes.

This ambulance was according to Aly on its way to Rafah, Gaza

The masjid in front of the Hotel

Stars Centre shopping mall, just beside the Hotel

The Hotel is superb....it’s attached to a big shopping mall.....Stars Centre....and is just opposite a mosque (masjid). So, on the first and the second night, I performed my Maghrib and my Isya’ (Qasar) at the masjid. On the first night, I went to the mall right after solat at the masjid. I almost got lost looking for the food court. Luckily, my “survival instinct” guided me to it...hehehe.....

I went back to the room and prepared for the next day.

British University of Egypt, Shorruk City

Sunset over Cairo

My breakfast of hash brown, french toast, beef bacon & a bun with butter (buffet price - LE122/head)

There food is great in Cairo.....but I only got to taste the real Egyptian food once....I was served with Kushari on the 3rd day......read more about Kushari HERE. Maybe next time, I’ll get to taste more of the local delicacies....not only pizzas, sandwiches and fried chickens.

My trip ends on the 14th January....as I need to get back by the 15th as there’s a special day awaiting me....

No comments:

Post a Comment