Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I Passed, At Last.....Alhamdulillah

I have always believed that every cloud has its silver lining....a blessing in disguise.... That’s why when I failed on the first time; I didn’t feel too bad.... although a bit frustrated considering how much money and time I had spent for it.

So, yesterday, after waiting in total anxiety for about 5 hours...enduring the hunger, the thirst and the urge to go to the “john”, I finally took the driving test for the second time. With me were two Indian guys and an Arab..... The tester was a soft-spoken Arab who looked like one of my old friends back in Malaysia.

Instead of being the number 1 driver like the previous test, I got the number 2 spot this time. It didn’t matter anyway as the tester took each of us to different routes.

When my turn came.....I sat on the driver seat, closed the door and did all the necessary things..... Then the tester asked me in Arabic....I didn’t understand. He rephrased it in English....”Where are you from?”....”Malaysia”, I said.... “Ok... Malaysia”, he responded.... Haa... a positive sign...

So, I drove around....following all his instructions carefully....”change lane to the left” or “change lane to the right”.....so on and so forth....and then after about 4-5 minutes, he told me to stop and park the car....”Next driver...”

I just sat there in the back seat and enjoyed my fellow hopefuls' driving.....Then, the last driver drove us back to the Driving Centre. In the parking area....there was a moment of truth..... He called my name a few time without telling me how I did. The first two names before me failed.....I knew it for sure because there was a split second that the tester had to “take control of the car” for them. That’s a “NO NO”. Then he called out my name again, while handing to me the test paper...with just the date, his name and mine; and the result (all order columns were left blank)....”Haza, you passed”....and ”Alhamdulillah”.... was all that I could say at the moment..... I didn’t know the fate of the last driver because once I got the result, the tester told me to get out of the car.

One of my office colleagues asked me about a celebration..... I think I’d go celebrate with my family first....

6 comments:

  1. Getting a new car are we? i saw a Hummer H3 near my office that day. gila besar! by the way, ayah is thinking of getting a replacement car for his volvo. too much problems already. pity him. mak was against the idea but i'm the one who encouraged him hihihi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations !! Now bolehla ronda2 Northern Emirate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I oso encouraged ayah coz the ole volvo is starting to eat money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adik n Along: Tell ayah not to buy a Continental car.....go Japanese....a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord would be nice.

    I won't be buying a car....it's too expensive for my salary to maintain a car....
    So, I'll rent one if we need to go somewhere...unless the company provides which is quite impossible (considering my job grade).

    Org RAK; TQ & insyaAllah....mmg ada plan nak ronda ke arah sana....nanti aku bagitau la kalau nak pegi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah he planned to get a Honda, either Accord or Civic..his passion for Honda never gone away since i can remember...Hopefully his wish will come true..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honda Accord like Pak Chu Ayeh is quite ok.... You can surf the motortrader web to find good 2nd cars....unless he wants to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete