Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My mother

My mother has been hospitalized since a few days ago due to a diabetis-induced complication. If I could have it my way, I will take the next flight out of Dubai, to KL, to be by her side.

Even then, it could never repay what she has done for me... for my sister & brother... and for the whole family as well. Her sacrifice is beyond reimbursable.

“Tell him not worry about me”, my sister related to me the other day. My sister said that Mak will feel much better knowing that I am OK... not worrying.

But as a child, the eldest son who is supposed to shoulder the responsibilities to his parents, no one can blame me if and when I get worried. I am thousands of mile away when I was supposed to be with her.

Anyhow, for her sake, I’ll stay put and just wait for any updates from my sister and brother. Thanks to the modern technology called the Internet.

May all the blessings of Allah be with her.

This is a beautiful song from Brother Yusuf Islam... I dedicate this to my mother...with love from your son and family in Dubai.


Your Mother
Who should you give your love to

Your respect and your honour to
Who should you pay good mind to – after Allah,
Comes your Mother,
Who next? Your Mother
Who next? Your Mother
And then you Father

Cause who used to hold you
And clean you and clothe you?
Who used to feed you
And always be with you?
When you were sick, stay up all night,
Holding you tight?
That’s right no other, your Mother

Who should you take good care of
Giving all your love?
Who should you think the most of – after Allah?
Comes your Mother,
Who next? Your Mother
Who next? Your Mother
And then you Father

Cause who used to hear you
Before you could talk?
Who used to hold you
Before you could walk?
And when you fell, who’d pick you up?
Clean your cut?
No one but, your Mother, your Mother

Who should you stay right close to
Listen most to?
Never saying no to – after Allah
Comes your Mother,
Who next? Your Mother
Who next? Your Mother
And then you Father

Cause who used to hug you
And buy you new clothes?
Comb your hair and blow your nose?
And when you cried who wiped your tears
Knows your fears?
Who really cares?
Your Mother

Say Hamdulillah,
Thanks to Allah
Thank You Allah for my Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment