Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ayam Golek and Mee Kari

I have been wanting to do this......my first Ayam Golek....So, this morning I went down to Speedex and bought a whole chicken....1.5kg of chicken......prepared the stuffing and other ingredients......de-frosted the chicken in my microwave.....and started the "project".....





My Ayam Golek....in the oven....almost ready to eat



I think it tasted ok.....good enough for a first-timer....but I promise that the next time would be much better.



My wife made Mee Kari.....(or Spaghetti Kari...we couldn't find the yellow noodle here in Dubai....so, the spaghetti served as a very suitable substitute)....





Mee Kari.....siap ada bergedil....



In the late afternoon, we went to a driving school to ask about driving lessons. I thought that I need to get a driving license to make our life much easier in Dubai.....I really pity my family to have to walk or take a cab to go everywhere....If I have a driving license, at least we could rent a car........Luckily the driving school is just a few minutes' walk from our house.....just across the Al-Kuwait Rd.

The family in front of the Masjid Al Raffa (our kariah masjid)


On our way to the driving school


I think I'll do it the next time I get back from Tehran......so, I would probably start the lesson after Hari Raya......a good timing......and looking forward to it.....But first, I have to prepare some documents needed to register......





1 comment: