Friday, August 22, 2008

This Weekend…..(15/08~16/08/2008)

I got back from Tehran on the Friday morning…very early morning……my family were still awake……They are used to staying up….I hope my two daughters will start to adjust their sleep time before they start school in two weeks…..

We just stayed at home this Friday……I was feeling very tired after coming back from Tehran…..could be the weather is changing over there and my body is trying very hard to adjust……

I went for the Friday solat alone….Apit hasn’t been going with me since 3 weekd ago…..his reasons were too sleepy and too hot…..hehehe….Bertuah!!! We ate gulai kurma’ ayam and kangkung goring belacan…..my wife had been promising me to cook the kurma’ since a few weeks ago.

That night we had dinner at our upstairs neighbor’s. Just plain old Melayu food…..asam pedas, sambal tumis udang with petai , sambal belacan, mixed vege in coconut milk, vege stew…..I’ll stop here….somebody is drooling…..hehehehe…..(okay, it’s me…..). We were joined by Syed Nasir and Shiela (from AUH).

Saturday morning was spend at home…..my darling wife made “cekodok ikan bilis”……we all liked it…..just a simple recipe of flour, water, salt and dried anchovies.

In the afternoon, we went to the Beach Center, Jumeirah……the Zaks uniform store there had called me when I was in Tehran, saying that the girls’ pants were ready (I prefer my girls to wear pants to school…..the skorts are just too revealing….)….But Ain insisted that she wanted to wear the skort….so one pair of pants and one skort for her and two pairs of pants for Lina…..

Today, we decided to buy another blouse for each of them…..we also got Apit a Raffles IS PE T’shirt…..which he liked very much.

All the uniforms, including Apit’s T’shirt, cost me Aed1000++…(not a surprise, actually)…Unfortunately, I can’t get that amount reimbursed…..It’s not covered in my contract. Well, as long as my wife & kids are happy, I don’t mind spending…..

We had lunch at Burger King…..we had to “carbo-load” ourselves before the “walk”. We had decided to walk to the Mercato Mall….an Italian-styled Mall on the Jumeirah road. It’s just less than 2km from the Beach Center…..so, after lunch we walked…..

It was about 37-38 degrees…..Ain was the first one who felt it…..(like always)…..Apit remained strong as always…..but he started to “lose” it about 50 meters or so from the mall….We arrived just in time for ‘Asar…..but not before taking a breather for a few minutes…..

After the solat, we went to the Spinneys to buy some groceries……then, to the taxi stand for a ride home….

For more photos...click here

No comments:

Post a Comment