Saturday, July 05, 2008

From Al-Khaleej to the Outlet Mall

It's the weekend the whole family was waiting for....the weekend after Ayah's pay day......

On Friday, after the Jumaat Solat, we went to Al-Khaleej Ctr.....I had to do some chores at the Al-Rostamani. I exchanged my USDs from my biztrip to some Dirhams and banked them in into my Emirates Bank account. Then I withdrew some back and went back to Al-Rostamani and TT the money back to my Maybank account. This has been my main activity after the pay day and will remain so for the rest of my tour of duty.......

Then we go to Spinneys....Sayang wanted to check out the prices.....we ended up buying some doughnuts, cookies and some cheese sticks......Apit saw an Alvin & the Chipmunks video games and kept festering me to buy it......I held my ground.....(but I did promise him to come back and buy it...I guess he's forgotten about it....). Sayang wanted to get a taste of shawarma....so I brought them to the vendor near Al-Khalil Masjid just a short distance away from Al-Khaleej Ctr. We also bought a bottle of Pakistani honey at the honey shop by the Masjid.

We went on to Choitram (just opposite from Al-Khaleej) and bought our groceries.....we spent almost Dhs300 there and then went out to wait for the ride home. But after almost a hour of waiting and there's no signs that a taxi would stop and pick us up, I decided that we would walk home. I always did that with Al-Amin before the family came to Dubai. So, at about 1020pm, we distributed the groceries amongst us (Apit wasn't spared either)....and started the 2km or so walk. The amazing thing was that Apit seemed to enjoy the walk.....he carried the lightest items....some fish and shrimps...... Everytime I stopped and put my things down....he would do the same....he never complained....we were really proud of him.

We reached home at about 1115 or so......drenched in sweat and tired........I slept like a log that night....

The Outlet Mall

It's Saturday...and as promised, I brought the whole family to the Outlet Mall....a mall about 30km south of Bur Dubai, on the Dubai-Al Ain highway. We went there after the Dzuhur Solat....It a big shopping mall that house outlets selling surplus or out of season items at bargain prices.....Apit got a pair of Nike sneakers, Ain a pair of Skechers sandals, Lina a Lonsdale sweater.....We ate lunch-cum-dinner at the food court. The kids had McD's and Sayang and I shared Joojeh, an Iranian cuisine. We went home after Maghrib Solat.....

Oh...I forgot to something....I got a Puma jacket.....I need a jacket to wear on my biztrips....

For pictures from this weekend's adventure, click here.

1 comment: