Friday, July 25, 2008

The IKA rendezvous

I was in the Tehran IKA airport, lining up at the check in counter when I met this middle age couple who looked like Malaysians. In fact they were......Abg Razali and his wife. He works at the Embassy as a Science Attache' and they were on their way to Cairo. He was with the MPOC (Malaysian Palm Oil Council) before coming to Tehran 8 years ago.

I have never thought that I would meet other Malaysians in Tehran........Abg Razali told me to call him the next time I'm in Tehran.....may be we can have a gathering or something.

Then came an Iranian man, Mr Djavid, who's a personal friend of Abg Razali. I guess they met because Mr Djavid is also in the palm oil business. He's travelling to Dubai with his family, probably for the summer holiday.

We continued talking about families, about life in Dubai and Tehran, as well as in Malaysia....about prices that are going up.....about Mr Djavid who's interested in going to Malaysia again (he's been to Malaysia several times....especially to Langkawi).....

I met him and his family again when we were lining up for a taxi at the DXB and he told me several times to get in touch with him.....well, I probably would....the next time I go to Tehran.......

Who would have thought that I would make new friends in just seconds.....

No comments:

Post a Comment