Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Tehran Summer

The day is warm in Tehran......the pollution in the city adds to it.....it's bad here.....the sky is not even blue....it's pale grey.....

I guess that's because there are 12 million people in Tehran....and maybe more than half drive cars, buses, motorcycles etc. And the high mountains that border it with the Caspian Sea Plateau up north don't help either......they create a "blanket" that prevents the pollutions from being swept away by the summer breeze....

Plus, they also have so many old vehicles that run on leaded fuel.....and the dry summer makes it worst....It's so dusty here that after a few minutes outside, my nose is already clogged.....

The summer is so dry that electricity supply has been a problem......One of the Iranians said the government have been rationing electricity supply because the water level at their hydroelectric dam is running low....not enough power is generated. So, when they detected that a certain zone in Tehran is consuming too much power, they will cut the supply....(At least that's what I was told by Tajgardoun).

But I guess I am adapting well to the weather.....it's been warm (not hot like in Dubai)....the temperature at about in the mid 30's.....the humidity in also quite high these past few days (Iran standard)....Today I sweat even in the air-conditioned office of Tajgardoun.

One thing that amazes me is that flowers really bloom here (especially in Shahab where they have planted many Roses)....it really is a plus amidst the dusty surroundings....

I'll be going back to Dubai this weekend....Can't wait to see my family again....2 more days this week to face the dry, dusty and warm Tehran...

No comments:

Post a Comment