Sunday, June 08, 2008

Deira City Center

Din and Shaharon picked us up at the Apartment at about 11am.....destination? Deira City Center....one of the "big-ass" shopping malls they have here in Dubai.....I wasn't planning on buying anything but came home with a new pair of Timberland shoes (Dhs279 - original price Dhs395- hey...I really need another pair...I've been using my current Camel Active pair for more than a month) and a GENX MP3 player (Dhs99 - 2GB- I was eyeing for the Ipod but realized I couldn't afford a branded one...luckily I saw this one on our way out).

Next time, I'll bring my family....it will be Summer Sales in a few weeks' time......

My personal effects (that's what they call them in the emails) arrived at 4pm.....all 16 boxes of it plus Apit's bike.....I spent the whole afternoon putting them in order....except for the kitchen stuffs (7-8 boxes)...I'll wait for Mrs Haza to come....

Then, finally I got my hair cut.....at the Falcon Gents Saloon.....near the point where we take our shuttle to work.....Dhs15 for a haircut in Dubai...hehe...quite reasonable considering Al-Amin's Dhs40 haircut. The barber (an Indian guy) probably recognized me from my Friday visit....he said "sorry to keep you waiting for so long..." but at least now...I have a barber....yes!!!...

Next weekend plan....go to Shindagha Carrefour.....with the family....

2 comments:

  1. When I was home last weekend Ayah & Mak asked me to open your multiply site so they could see your new home in Dubai. Wah, Ayah was so impressed and happy that his grandkids will have a very nice place to stay! I'm going home again this week, after the grand send-off. Hope I won't cry...I won't if Mak won't, but I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a small 2-room aprtment....apit will have to share the room with either his sisters or Ayah-Ibu....The bedrooms are small but I have re-arranged them to give more space esp for solat. I'll draw out a floor plan and post it in my multiply...

    ReplyDelete