Wednesday, June 18, 2008

NUTS!!!....

I was taking a break this morning at the small park in front of the office building when I saw these two very interesting "figures"....jeng, jeng, jeng....One looks like a pigeon and the other looks like a sad face.....whoever did this must be very artistic and creative.....

I went Nuts

My wife texted me today....with an order of the Iranian pistachios.....well, I was craving for that nut as well. I asked Ali Reza about Ekbatan's pistachios.....He said they're of inferior quality.....There's a shop near Vanak Square that sells very high quality pistachios and other nuts. So, from Ekbatan I took a cab to the shop....Tavazo Dried Nuts just opposite the Saie Park.....

The entrance to Saie Park

I bought 1kg of Pistachios, 1kg of mixed nuts and 1/2kg of black raisins. It costs me almost USD30.....(luckily the shop accepts USD...I was short of Rials).

These are the things that made me go NUTS

Ali Reza said I could take a cab to Homa Hotel for only about 3000Rials...but I decided to do the unthinkable....to walk my way back to the hotel.....And walk I did. My target is to reach the Vanak Square.....

It was an acsending road towards the Square......and I was carrying about 7kg on my back (includes my Vaio with its cables, my external harddisk etc....not to forget 2.5kg of nuts). Luckily, I was wearing my Adidas running shoes (thanks Sis, for the RM50 voucher)....so, my feet and legs didn't hurt a bit.....(now I know why my wife alwasys insisted me to buy expensive shoes)....

My journey from Tavazo to Homa.....

I reached Vanak Square about 40mins later.....there were a lot of people....Vanak Square is like a transportation hub for the surrounding areas....so, I was about 10mins from the hotel....Thank God.....I was almost dehydrated......

I started off from Tavazo at about 715pm and arrived at my hotel room at about 805pm.....a 50min-walk....tired but I think I needed that work out.....It's been quite some time......

But next time....I think I'll take a cab......but today....today, it's just to get some fresh Tehran air.....and to test my will....hehehehe.....Phew!....tomorrow morning...I'll check out.....can't wait to get back to Dubai and be with my family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment