Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Last Day

Tonite is the last night for me in Tehran for my 2nd Tour of Duty......it's gonna be a lot more of a tour like this.....

Ali Reza took us for a satay (Iranian kabab, that is) treat near his house in Ekbatan....a community equivalant to our Damansara Heights.....I take Iranian food really well....less fat, more fibre and protein....in fact I'm begining to like yogurt.....Kamahli (Ali Reza's assistant) was there also.....

We took a ride home on a "vintage" Iranian car....don't remember the make, though. It's comfy....and could run also.....hehehe.....reminds me of those old taxis that we used to have in Malaysia.....

Tonite I pay the hotel fees.....costs me about USD2400+.....luckily, I saved some money here because we only pay for our dinner here....breakfast is free at the Meraj Restaurant on the 16th floor of the hotel.....and lunch is courtesy of ShahabCo......

I'll take a 530pm Iranian Air flight home tomorrow.....can't wait to get home.....my hair is in dire need of a cut.....and I have left my apartment for more than 2 weeks now....wonder if Shanawaz has fixed my stove.....my wife and the kids are coming in about 10days......it's been like ages since I last ate her home cooked meals......

No comments:

Post a Comment