Sunday, June 15, 2008

THEY are here....

Their flight landed early on the Friday morning....it was supposed to arrive at 350am, but it arrived 315am instead. They were already waiting for us at the Marhaba counter.....This could be one of the happiest days of my life......having to hug and kiss my family......after more than a month being apart.

They spend the Friday morning resting....catching up with their sleep....trying to recover from the jet-lag, I supposed.

I brought Apit to his first ever Friday Solat.....he seemed to be a bit "culture-shocked".....so many mamaks around....he has this not-so-good impression about them....thanks to the "over-friendliness" of those restaurant mamaks in Malaysia. But he behaved himself.....he didn't complain even though he had to perform "solat" outside.....not in the air-cond.....

I brought him to Al-Ismaily Cafe afterwards to buy our Beriyani lunch......Can't imagine how proud I was to tell everyone who was asking about this little boy...."This is my son..." He was anxious actually....the cafe was filled with all the mamaks....

That afternoon, I brought my family on a small tour around the building......Everybody was quite happy with all the facilities......

We did some shopping at the Speedex Supermarket......

That night we ordered SFC.....The stove was still not working and I want to show my family that we have alternatives to the more expensive "brands".

14/06/08 - Deira City Center (DCC)

We went to the DCC.....to buy some house-hold things such as laundry baskets, mop and brooms...etc...We had lunch at the food-court....the kids wanted Burger Kings....and BK it was....

After lunch, we went to Carrefour....I managed to sneak two pairs of pants in among the other stuff.....they totalled to almost Aed500....oh man!!!....

Apit didn't get what he wanted.....to get a ride on one of those small cars (just like the "Kiddy Cabbies" at MidValley).....he went on crying for almost half an hour....he cried when we were lining up to take the taxi. Once in the taxi, he slept all the way home....He was tired actually......

We wrapped up the weekend by taking the kids to the swimming pool last night.....Apit was sound asleep, so I left him with his mother and brought his two sisters up to the swimming pool.....at 1000pm....

No comments:

Post a Comment