Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Tehran Ordeal...A Blessing in Disguise....

On the 02nd of June, I took a taxi to Imam Khomeini International Airport and arrived there at about 3:40pm. My flight was supposed to be at 5:30pm....hhhmmm, just nice. After waiting in the line for about 20mins at the entry point....I managed to get into the check in counter area...(03rd until 07th is public holidays for the Iranians.....a lot holiday makers were there).....I went ahead Iran Air counter and to my disbelief, the clerk told me my ticket has been cancelled. WHAT? She told me, I was supposed to call 72 hours before boarding to confirm the ticket.....Hey....nobody told me that.....she told me to wait and go to the waiting list counter....Yeah right, at least 20-30 people in front of me.....The problem is, I had to get out of Iran because my 15 days visiting visa expired on that day....

I called Al-Amin......telling him about what had happened.....Then I called Asim (our travel desk guy).....he was on-leave....but I was so glad that he was willing to help me.....through his colleague who's at work......

But then, Asim called back....he's had arranged me to board the Gulf Air....635pm flight..... Business Class......Asim's friend called....she introduced herself as BeeGee (?)...at least that's what I heard she said her name was....

I went to the Gulf Air counter and gave the clerk the PNR and ticket numbers....he said my name wasn't in the system.....good Lord!!!... What's happening to me....I called up BeeGee.....she managed to talk to a supervisor....a lovely Iranian lady....who speak English....I guess, that BeeGee asked the Super to contact Bahrain (Gulf Air is based in the Kingdom)....after a few minutes....I was called and told that my name was there.....phewwww...Alhamdulillah....

The Immigration counters......It took me at least 20 mins at the counter to have my passport stamped.....once stamped...heh...I'm out Iran...hehehe...

I rushed to the boarding gate 26....where my business class seat awaited me.....hehehe seat number 4D aboard the Boeing 737.....my first stopped would be Bahrain International Airport....but I tell you....business class is cool....big seats....special treatments....good food....hehehe

I landed at about 700pm local time.....so many people there....didn't know where to seat....but suddenly I remembered...I was in Business class.....they have a lounge for Business class travellers like me.....I went up there....found a Surau and perform my Maghrib and Isyak prayers (Jamak Taqdim)...and qada' (replaced) my Asar prayer....lost during the ordeals in Tehran....

Just then I received a text from Amin....HR were asking about our family passport copies....we were going to the Foreign Ministry the day after.....I only had the soft-copy in my Thumb Drive.....so I asked the lounge clerk....thank God....they had a printing service.....so, what else do they have in the lounge? I didn't have the time to explore as my Dubai flight had started the boarding process.

I boarded the Boeing 737....this time I sat at 2D....and enjoy the rest of the flight....me....a Kampung boy...in the Middle East....Business class.....well thanks to the Iran Air people who cancelled my ticket.....A blessing in disguise huh?

Well....deep inside, I realized that how Allah had taught me something.....firstly, to be patience.....He will help you. Secondly, if you have friends....true friends....they will help you, no matter what.....Thirdly, if you are patient enough....He will reward you.....Business class ticket...no other bigger rewards in a situation like that..... like Usman said today...."InnAllaha ma'as sobireen"...."Allah will be with those who have patience"

Praise be to Allah.....and thanks a lot My Friends.....

2 comments:

  1. Yup I can relate to that. When you're all alone and helpless, get back to Him.

    But at least you got to fly first class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well....it's not comparable to MAS or Emirates first/business class....no personal entertainment etc...but what I wanted to do was just to rest...hehehe, esp. after 2 weeks of hard work....

    ReplyDelete