Wednesday, May 07, 2008

12 Going On 13

I almost forgot....it's the 7th of May.....I have completed 12 years with Sony. Time does fly.....It seems like it's just yesterday that I was a young executive just out of college....looking for a career. I have never dreamed that I will spend almost 1/3 of my life working for the same company. Most of my friends have jumping all over. I only know a few like Ean and Hairry who have stayed with same company eversince graduation.

I think the most important factors that have kept me with Sony are not the working environment and the paycheck. I could get better working elsewhere. But the friendship and the camaraderie that have been built through the years. There are a few people that I have known even before I came to Sony.....some I knew because I had to work with them....some other because I went to courses or just as canteen table-mates..... At SOEM, I could be considered as an "Otai".....with years of experience with the Production.....but here in SoGul, I have to start from scratch....I have to know new people, remember new names and faces....It's gonna take some getting used to....But there's nothing a Minang guy like me can't do. I'll survive...I know that....I'll take everything one step at a time....Most importantly, I want my family to do the same as well.....

So, here's for the 13th year with Sony....hope it'll be a lucky one......InsyaAllah

No comments:

Post a Comment