Friday, May 16, 2008

The Al-Karama Walk

I just couldn't believe it......Amin as well I'm sure.....When Venkat dropped us just in front of LuLu Supermarket in Al-Karama.....we decided to take a cab home.....Saurav suggested that as well.

But I talked Amin in walking home.....and walk home we did.....I guess it's almost 4km from Al-Karama area to Al-Raffa area where we live. Here we were....two Malaysian guys, doing the unthinkable.....walking in the middle of the night....with our knap-sack on our bags.....

Maybe we had proven a point.....Dubai is safe.....well you should be weary about the traffic though......but other than that....it's safe.....

We were about to cross the Al-Mankhool....a main street that borders the Al-Raffa and the Al-Mankhool communities.....when we saw a Burger King sign.....after a meal that cost almost Dhs25 each....we continued home....It turned out that the joint's just a few minute's walk from our apartment building.....now we have more options for a decent meal....Amin even took the home delivery number....just in case....hehehe....

We got into the elevator...and I got out at my floor...enter the apartment and found out that Shanawaz has not fixed my stove yet.....well, I was already full....maybe he'll finish it tomorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. Seems that everywhere is safe except Malaysia. When I was in SG, I felt safe too.

    Glad that you're settling in nicely. I'm just not glad that Apit, Along and Ain will be flying off to Dubai shortly. But we just dont have time to go pay them a visit either. Whenever I see a spiderman mask I keep thinking of buying it for the lil man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...maybe because everyone has a job here...no bums, no beggars etc....and everyone is busy working....

    Hey...you can just call them....they'll appreciate it....
    FYI....I'm beginning to feel homesick....Can't wait for them to come here.....

    ReplyDelete