Monday, May 19, 2008

Revisiting Tehran

I arrived in Tehran today....at about 1030am local time.....by the Iranian Airlines (Iran Air)....a complete opposite of the Emirates that I have already been accustomed with......no personal entertainment.....the seats are a bit hard.....I slept almost the whole 1.75 hours trip....the bright side is....the seats are mostly empty.....I was lucky that no one sat beside me.

I reached work in a car driven by Mr Ghafari. I realized that it's not the way I left it one-and-a-half months ago.....It's green everywhere I looked....

I met some of my old Iranian friends.....Tajgardoun, Kamali, Rahim, Maliknejad, AbolFazl, Mehdi etc.....

I left with Tajgardoun...he lives in Ekbatan, and it's easier to take a cab from there....Because I don't have enough Iranian rials...(but I do have USD2000++ in my pocket).....he paid for the cab (remind me to pay him back...hehehe)......

I checked into the hotel room at the Homa Hotel.....They had booked me into a Junior Suite because the normal room is not available.....I told them, please tell the hotel to check me into a normal room ASAP.....I can't afford to stay in a Jr Suite the whole trip...it far too expensive.....1,752,137 Rials per night plus 17% tax. About USD200+.....

It's almost Isyak.....got to perform Maghrib.....signing off....

No comments:

Post a Comment