Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Still in Tehran

I received a call saying that I can move to a normal room tonight.....thank God.....

I was supposed to send a scanned copy of an authorization letter for my personals coming from Malaysia.....They will arrive in Dubai tomorrow (21st May)......So, the letter, scanned copies of my passport and visa page are needed. I couldn't do it here....the scanner's not working and printer in Tajgardoun's office had run out of ink.

I had to stay back to arrange for tomorrow's new models. So, when I arrived back at the hotel, after changing to another room, I rushed out to get something to eat. And I found a print and copy shop. I went in and ask the owner if he speaks English. Apparently he doesn't. So, he stood in front of the shop and said something in Iran. It turned out that he was asking the passers-by who speak English......because in came a young couple who translated my needs to the owner. I paid 10000rials (one Khomeini....the owner said) for a print and 3 scans.

I went on to AynehVanak, a restaurant, just behind the Homa Hotel and bought an orange juice, a cheese burger and fries (on the menu it's written as fires).....

I was planning to chat with my wife....but had to pass because by the time I got back to the hotel, it's almost 830pm (12mdnite in Malaysia). I'm sorry Sayang......so sorry...I'll make it up to you.....I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment