Saturday, May 03, 2008

The First Weekend

This is my first weekend in Dubai......on Friday morning, we had some breakfast at Al-Ismaily Cafe...run by an Indian Muslim named Abdul Hameed.....this will be our new gerai nasi lemak....he serves puratta, sandwiches, burgers etc to mostly the working class people....it's located just beside the Eppco service station near our building.....just about a 5 minute walk.

We went Jumaat solat at the nearby Masjid.....the Khatib gave the sermon in Arabic.....didn't understand a word he said.....but he did repeatedly talked about Az-zaujat (=spouse).....I think he's lecturing about family values. I was a waterboy for a few minutes as I was standing by the table where the complimentary water cups were located.....I was quite proud to serve my fellow Muslim brothers...hehehe....

Amin and I performed the solat outside under the scorching Dubai sun.....no problem.....but I finished the solat drenched in sweat.....then we go to get some refreshment at the Al-madina minimarket....in the same building as the masjid.....

Late afternoon...we went window shopping at the Spinney's and Al-Ain.....about 30min walk from the Al-Attar Escala.....We had beriyani in the Al-Khaleej Center...a small but modern shopping center.....

On the way back...Amin had his first Dubai haircut....it costs him Dhs40.....yes......40 Dirhams....I said to him...."You won't need a haircut for the next 4 months....."

We arrived home tired.....after some rounds of the Fifa08 on my PS2....I went to sleep.

Today...we went to Al-Khaleej again.....we had McD....a Quarter Pounder meal (regular) costs me Dhs15.....hehehe.....

And here I am at the CC in Al-Khaleej....writing this entry......have a lot of emails to check....

So long for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment