Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Own Place At Last....

Thank to Amin....I have an internet connection at home at last....He just got his wireless internet installed by the Etisalat guys this morning.....We agreed to split the bills 50-50.....

Actually....I have other things to be installed in the house.....or flat as they call it here. I need to install the outstation calls....the in-house telephone can only call Dubai landlines.....no mobile or international calls.....and cable TV for entertainment....at least the ones that allow me to watch the Barclays Premier League games and for my kids to watch cartoons etc.

I bought a rice cooker this evening...at the Choitram Supermarket....an AED140 Black & Decker RC35....equipped with a steamer.....so that we can cook rice and steam something else at the same time.....I bought butter, some eggs and a beef mortadella (some kind of salami I think) for breakfast. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to work the stove.....maybe I'll ask Shanawaz the resident maintenance guy to teach me about it.

I'm settling in quite well now....Alhamdulillah.....at least I know my way around the area.....

No comments:

Post a Comment